The Patriot Voice

Racism in Today’s Politics: Not What You’d Expect

Back to Article
Back to Article

Anonymous, Guest Contributor

Racism.

It’s a word we hear a lot of in these days slung around with no meaning behind it. The word is scary; it has history, a history unlike any other word in the English language. Accusations of racism can cast down anyone, even those in the highest of societal positions. However, its meaning has been lost as we move through the 21st century. It’s a word slung mostly by the Democratic Left, a party fueling their campaigns on race control and race baiting. This is the real Democratic party.

Democratic politicians, well known Democratic supporters and party leaders always manage to end their discussions with one of three things: race, sex, or equality. With this, they always go to push the differences between races and to not unite everyone as Americans, to make everything about your race, yet it’s the Republicans who are deemed as the party of racists.

The Democratic party is the party known for their overly big focus on race. Democratic leaders treat everything they go against as racist, such as their obsession with giving more time and focus to illegal immigrants or refugees over American citizens. They treat Nationalists and American first politicians, which make up many Republicans, as racist bigots who only care for white Americans. In reality, they care about just Americans, not African Americans, not white Americans, not Asian Americans, Americans. It’s time for the Democratic party to take a look at itself and its roots. They must realize they cannot focus on the races of people but rather their status as Americans, with equal opportunity and chance in this nation. This land is divided and focusing on racial differences as if your race gives you a ranking in this current society does not help the problem at all. In fact, it does the opposite.

Elizabeth Warren herself shows this with her “Native American background” controversy. After years of insisting otherwise, she has recently confirmed she is not of Native blood or a “colored person” at a campaign event in Sioux City, Iowa. This means she lied on applications and attempted to use race as an advantage to get into schools.

She would just be one of many people who use race-baiting as a way to control what people think. Don Lemon, a independent but Democratic leaning American journalist, has been criticizing Trump and one of his more famous supporters, Kanye West. For a man so against racism, he couldn’t be race-baiting more. While on air, Don would tell the viewers about Kanye West’s meeting with Trump, stating that West was embarrassing himself and all African Americans for meeting with all these white Republicans, including Trump, in the White House, He stated it was “not normal,” it was “cringey,” and it was outright terrible.

Why does Don think Kanye meeting white people is so bad? Is it wrong for a black man to agree with white people? With Trump? Don seems to be in the mindset that white people have no good opinions of other races. He states that every African American disagrees with Kanye simply because they are black, and Kanye supports Trump, a white Republican.

Don states that “it’s cringey and not normal’” for a black man to support Trump. Why? Why does Don, an independent but left-leaning man, believe that people should not support Donald Trump just because of their skin color? To me, that sounds like racial control at its worst.

Don has also stated that “white men are the biggest threat to this country” while dating a white male. I don’t even think I need an explanation for this one. It’s just naturally showing men like Don have zero knowledge on what they’re talking about and should honestly stay out of politics if they want to focus on a person’s skin color over their ideas and beliefs.

It’s people like Don that show how naive and race focused the Democratic party can be at times. It’s a wild double standard; they preach equality and how skin color means nothing, yet people like Don go and basically say not to support Trump because you’re black. It’s “not normal”, “cringey,” and weird because of your skin color. They preach that if you’re white, you’re “a threat to this country.” Sounds an awful lot like racism to me, but no one from the left would say anything unless Don magically comes out as Republican.

Democrats love to use the term “racist” for every little thing going against them. Burgess Owens, an ex football safety in the NFL and leading member of the Utah chapter of the One Heart Project, details this: “Suspending all common sense, the Democratic Party has offered this narrative, even though it has been the party of adamant “resistance” since President Trump’s election. The second option is a “get-out-the-vote” strategy that purposely divides our nation by angering and energizing the black voting bloc. It is a strategy that is predicated upon the belief that anyone who disagrees with Democratic policies is simply racist”.

With that he also adds “Under this premise, white men who are not Democrats are racist. White men and women who consider themselves independents, but agree with any of President Trump’s policies, are racist. And yes, even white Democrats who are not all in with the “resist and obstruct” strategy are now considered racist.” The Democratic party is obviously attempting to use the race card, specifically on African Americans, to rile up unneeded hate towards Republicans. They even rile up hate towards themselves; Democrats who dare to differ from party norms will be subject to accusations of racism. This strategy is not only destructive to bipartisanship, but to the party itself.

They will also call Trump racist, obviously, for false claims of racism in his past life such as mistreating black tenants and not renting to them, even though he pushes for prison reform giving young, incarcerated African Americans another chance at life. Under his presidency, unemployment for all races has hit an all time low, and people on food stamps and welfare are at an all time low as well. African Americans, as well as most other Americans, are doing great right now. However, Trump is vilified by the left and called racist for no good reason except for false claims relating to his past.

Of course people will go and say the Republican party attempts to capture racist votes and say the party was born of racism. Hamilton Nolan, a senior writer in comedy and Gawkers longest writer, states that people who run the Republican party don’t care that their voters are racist, as long as they get votes. That you shouldn’t vote Republican if you’re not racist and that if you oppose racism, either vote Democrat or don’t vote at all. People like this seem to forget that the majority of the northern Republican party fought against slavery while the majority of the southern Democratic party attempted to keep it in place and went so far as to start a civil war over it.

They seem to forget the Democratic party made up most of the KKK when it was first started, this time being during the most rampant and violent years of the KKK as well. They also seem to forget the first black senator in 1870 was Republican, along with the next two black senators being Republican. The first Democratic black senator was elected in 1993! The facts do not lie, the democratic party didn’t even give African American people a good chance in these spots till the early 90’s, while Republicans were trying to help them get elected as far back as 1870.

Given the historical weight that the word “racism” carries with it, and also given the history of our political parties, it’s hard not to see the Democratic party as, at the very least, wildly hypocritical and at most engaging in propaganda. There’s no excuse to bait a certain audience into voting for you, especially on the basis of race, and then go accuse the opposing party of being racist. It’s time for the left to realize that this brand of politics is old, tired, and divisive. True bipartisanship is seeing each other as Americans, not races with irreconcilable differences.

**Please keep in mind that the opinions represented in this editorial do not reflect the thoughts of RHS Patriot Voice’s staff. These are the thoughts of the writer and the writer alone.

1 Comment

One Response to “Racism in Today’s Politics: Not What You’d Expect”

1. Lea on April 22nd, 2019 1:55 pm

This is very well typed with lots of details which is good so the person reading knows what the subject is about. Racism has become such a known thing in this generation and some schools are getting worse because of it, everywhere you go there is racism and it’s just not right like how does a person hate another person because of their skin color, everyone is equal and we are all human. We should leave racism in the past but some people are just not mature enough and it’s sad. Overall good statement/topic to write about.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Racism in Today’s Politics: Not What You’d Expect

Opinion

Sheltered Instruction

Opinion

The AP Scam

Opinion

Say No to Corporations in Education

Opinion

Contemporary Oppression of Femininity

Opinion

The Say of a Student

Opinion

Pep Rally: A Forced Tradition

Opinion

What Even Is A Portfolio?

Opinion

Should You Take A Gap Year?

Opinion

Standardized Testing: Is Kindergarten Too Early?

Opinion

School Dress Codes: For Or Against?