The Patriot Voice

Massive Success For The Class Of 2020

Back to Article
Back to Article

Massive Success For The Class Of 2020

Tariq Browne Jr, Staff Writer

Revere High School’s Junior Class was extremely successful last Thursday night. On Thursday, October 25th, the Student Council’s long-awaited vision had finally become a reality and all of their hard work certainly paid off. The Class of 2020 released a Halloween themed event called Haunted Hallways: a frightening activity for visitors of all ages, as they navigate through various dark, mysterious rooms within the High School. Hundreds and countless numbers of participants from the class and chaperones arrived at the event, making it exceptionally rewarding. Needless to say, it was huge!

The Class had been planning the event for many months now. Before the class year even began, ideas and plans for the event had already been discussed. From the months of May to June, before the last school year ended, the former Sophomores contemplated the rooms they would use, the types of costumes they would make use of, and the positions they would likely need to hold so that the event could be accomplished effectively. This year’s class president, Jason Acosta Espinosa, soon into the year especially aimed for the class to “shift their attention to Haunted Hallways”.

Additionally, at an assembly during the beginning of the year, the Class’ former president, Michael Adolphus, alongside a group of class officers, stated that Haunted Hallways would need “a ton of people” to show up. President Jason celebrates the success by aiming to continue working with the Junior Class as best as he can; wishing to restart with a brand new event as soon as the beginning of the next term. For now, he wants the class to take a momentary break; on Monday, stating that “we will not be having a meeting this week. Focus on acing your finals.”

The class also isn’t planning to slow down with their progress. They wish to perform many more large, profitable, and affordable events in the very near future. Haunted Hallways ticket costs were $7 and $5 (bought in advance), and nearly 300 guests showed up on that Thursday night. The activity’s great success in making over $2,870 was highly needed, making it even more special for everyone involved.

The team is planning to reorganize and start things up again, and even better than they did in previous years. They hope to promote even more events to an improved class board, spread awareness for their activities, and get as many people contributing to the goal of making as much of a profit as they can.

The team made an overall well-deserved success. After ongoing weeks and months of training, the dreams of Jason and the Student Council to “make the high school as enjoyable of a place as possible” certainly came true; we just can’t wait to see what happens with them later on in the year.